Today starts TechDays Sweden, in Örebro, which is probably the largest IT conference in Sweden. I am very much looking forward to be there as a speaker and meet many friends, including my fellow members of Microsoft Extended Experts Team – MEET. If after reading this blog post you realize that TechDays is something you must not miss, then you can still buy last minute tickets for the main conference (which starts tomorrow).
During the two main conference days, 25 – 26 April, there will be a number of sessions about SQL Server at TechDays this year.
Introduction to SQL Server 2012
This session is presented by me and will cover the top new features in SQL Server 2012 for developers, IT pros and Business Intelligence specialists. The session will be in room 3 on Wednesday at 13:15. Don’t miss this if you want to get an overview of the greatest new features.
SQL Server Private Cloud
The cloud is now one of the biggest so called “buzz words”, but many still feel uncertain about storing important or sensitive data in a public cloud. Peter Werdenhoff and Mikael Colliander will present how you can build your own private cloud with the Database Consolidation Appliance, which is a joint initiative by HP and Microsoft. This session will be held in room 4 on Thursday at 9.00.
Data Quality and Enterprise Information Management
Jörgen Hasselgren and Simon Lidberg will present how to handle the whole data lifecycle with Data Quality Services, Master Data Services and Integration Services. They will show demonstrations and code examples. The session will be in room 9 on Thursday at 9:00.
Hybrid Solutions for Big Data
Big Data is one of our absolutely biggest challenges. Data volumes are exploding and are expected to increase by 44 times during the next 10 years. How can we create solutions to handle these large amounts of data? There are scale-out solutions like MPP (Massive Parallel Processing) and MapReduce, but should it all be run on premise? During this session Simon Lidberg will present a hybrid solution combining SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse and MapReduce running on Hadoop in a Windows Azure cloud. The session will be in room 8 on Thursday at 15.30.
SQL Server 2012 + SQL Azure = True
How can you make external databases in SQL Azure work together with internal SQL Server 2012 databases? Håkan Winther will present a solution using the new “Data Sync”, that can be used to make your internal data available in the cloud. This session will be in room 9 on Thursday at 15.30.
- Alan Smith (Azure)
- Andreas Stenhall (Windows) – Killer features in Windows 8 – Dare to miss them on TechDays?
- Björn Axell (System Center)
- Cecilia Wiren (.NET)
- Chris Klug (.NET)
- Daniel Bugday (Sharepoint) – See you on TechDays 2012 Örebro #MSDN #TD2012
- Hasain Alshakarti (Security) – MEET@TechDays 2012 in Örebro
- Henrik Nilsson (FIM, ADFS, Security) – Microsoft Extended Experts Team – MEET
- Johan Arwidmark (System Center) – Networking at TechDays 2012 in Sweden – The Microsoft Extended Experts Team (MEET)
- Johan Åhlén (SQL Server) - SQL Server sessions at TechDays Sweden 2012
- Magnus Björk (Exchange) – #td2012 here I come
- Magnus Mårtensson (Azure) – TechDays.se 2012 – About Windows Azure
- Patrik Löwendahl (.NET)
- Mathias Olausson (ALM)
- Jörgen Nilsson (System Center) – Microsoft Extended Experts Team – MEET
- Ola Skoog (IT Pro Evanglist) – MEET@TechDays
- Anders Olsson (Security)
- Joakim Nässlander (Windows Server, Cluster)
- Martin Lidholm (Unified Communication, Lync)